Bentintoshape 38" Round Fire Pit
Item #: BENT-FP-CT-38RD Internet #: 1000
For a Free Design Consultation or to Order by Phone
Bentintoshape 38" Round Fire Pit
Shipping Time Frame Ships in 4 - 6 weeks
White Glove Delivery Available
- Made in the USA of rugged 11 gauge Cor-Ten steel construction
- Weathers to a stable rust-like appearance once outdoors
- Available in a variety of wood burning , LP or NG gas versions
- Gas option delivers 75,000 BTUs. Accepts 80lbs of fireglass or 50lbs of lava rock.
The Bentintoshape 38" round Cor-Ten steel fire pit has a ruggedly handsome appearance. It is solidly built from weathering steel called Cor-Ten, which takes on a rustic appearance as it spends more time outdoors and never needs painting. With the optional fire pit cover, this attractive unit transforms into a one-of-a-kind coffee table.
This durable fire pit is available with various configuration options. Standard, it comes ready to burn wood logs. Other options include gas adapters for use with ceramic and wood logs and LP and natural gas. You can also choose to use 80 lbs. of optional fireglass or 50 lbs. of lava rocks with either natural gas or liquid propane. The gas options give you a 75,000 BTU 24" stainless steel double concentric burner with enough heat to warm a circle of guests. This fire pit has an integrated clean out vent at the bottom of the 28" round x 14" deep fire bowl.
Note - Gas fire pits should only be used on a wood deck with a heat and flame barrier. Wood burning fire pits should never be used on a wood deck.
Please be aware of any local ordinances that may restrict or govern the use of this product prior to purchasing.
- Wood Burning - the media grate is positioned 5" from the bottom of the fire bowl.
- Natural Gas or Liquid Propane Gas burner kit - the media grate is positioned 5" from the bottom of the fire bowl and the 24" stainless steel double concentric fire ring is positioned below the grate. You would purchase this configuration if you are using ceramic logs or if you wanted to start a natural wood fire with gas.
- Glass or Lava Rock burning with a gas kit - the media grate is positioned 4" from the top of the fire bowl and the 24" stainless steel double concentric fire ring is positioned above the grate. In this configuration, you would fill the bowl with fire glass or lava rock to just above the fire ring. The gas defuses thru the media grate and is ignited at the surface. Fire glass and/or lava rocks sold separately.
- Fire Bowl Cover constructed out of Cor-ten steel to convert your fire pit to a functional cocktail table when not in use.
You do not need to do anything to the Cor-Ten steel to maintain it's finish. If you would like to smooth out the weathered surfaces, you can use a Scotch Brite pad to gently rub the steel. This will cause some of the rust barrier to break off and fall to the ground. Be sure to thoroughly clean the ground surface after this process. You can use water to clean the surfaces after this process.
Do not get water into any of the burner components. Water in the burner components can cause dangerous back pressure. If you think there is water in the burner components, call a licensed technician to check the burner before use.
Fire Pit with Gas Option
Fire pits should be inspected before initial use and inspected and cleaned at least annually by a qualified field service person. Periodically remove the logs, glass or lava rock and examine the burner. If dirty, clean with a soft brush. Also, examine the area around the Propane/Air Mixer. Any dirt or lint in this area should be removed. This will ensure long life and trouble free operation. When the fire pit is put back in service, check the burner flame patterns; it is imperative that the burner flame characteristics are steady, not lifting or floating. Periodically check the hose connecting the LP gas cylinder to ensure it is not damaged in any way. While the fire pit is not in use, it should be covered to protect it from weather and other adverse elements. Not protecting the fire pit could result in a void of the warranty.
Carbon (soot) may build up on the surfaces of the logs with heavy use. This is more likely to occur when using LP gas. The soot should be cleaned off the surface of the logs periodically to prevent excessive buildup. To clean the logs, be sure the fire is out, the gas supply is turned off and the logs are cool to the touch. The soot can then be brushed off with a dry bristle brush or cloth. Logs can be damaged if mishandled. Dispose of soot and cleaning materials properly. Keep away from clothing, pets and outdoor furniture.
- Outer Dimensions (including legs): 44" diameter x 23" tall, Weight (lbs.): 232
Fire Bowl Dimensions: 28" diameter x 4" deep (Glass Media/Lava Rock)
Assembly: No assembly required
Additional Info: Orders ship complete unless otherwise requested. Ordering more than one item may affect shipping method.
If you have questions about our Return Policy, require expedited services or are interested in White Glove Delivery, please contact our design experts toll free at 866-350-8325 or via email with our Contact Form.
Questions & Answers
Typical questions asked about products:
- • Is the item durable?
- • Is the item easy to use?
- • What are the dimensions of this item?
Free Shipping On All Swatches
Click to select the desired swatches. Once you have made your selection, click the "Reqeust Swatches" button below and proceed through checkout.
You've chosen 0 out of 3 free swatches.
One swatch order valid per customer.