Feel the warmth of 75,000 BTUs of gas-fueled heat with the Bentintoshape 38" square fire pit. Made from thick Cor-Ten steel, this fire pit weathers to an antique, rusted-look finish which never needs painting. The overall dimensions of the Fire Pit are 38" square x 23" tall. The bowl dimensions are 28" square x 14" deep. Customize the available options to suit your backyard entertaining style.
This fire pit comes standard ready for natural wood logs with an integrated clean out vent in the fire bowl. There is an optional fire pit cover available to turn this rustic fire pit into a 20" high outdoor cocktail table. Upgrade to gas fuel (either LP or natural gas) with a 24" stainless steel double concentric burner for use with ceramic logs, wood, 60 lbs. of lava rocks or 120 lbs. of glass fire media (optional). Should you prefer a hidden LP tank, the 75,000 BTU with a stainless steel double concentric burner fire pit can be ordered with a hinged access door on one side of the fire pit that conceals a 20 lbs. LP tank.
- Wood Burning - the media grate is positioned 5" from the bottom of the fire bowl.
- Natural Gas or Liquid Propane Gas burner kit - the media grate is positioned 5" from the bottom of the fire bowl and the 24" stainless steel double concentric fire ring is positioned below the grate. You would purchase this configuration if you are using ceramic logs or if you wanted to start a natural wood fire with gas.
- Glass or Lava Rock burning with a gas kit - the media grate is positioned 4" from the top of the fire bowl and the 24" stainless steel double concentric fire ring is positioned above the grate. In this configuration, you would fill the bowl with fire glass or lava rock to just above the fire ring. The gas defuses thru the media grate and is ignited at the surface. Fire glass and/or lava rocks sold separately.
- The Hidden Tank option has a hinged access door on the side of the fire pit to easily remove and place a standard 20 lbs. propane tank. It features a 24" stainless steel double concentric burner ring and on one tank, the fire pit will burn for approximately 8-14 hours.
- Fire Bowl Cover constructed out of Cor-Ten Steel to convert your fire pit to a functional cocktail table when not in use.
You do not need to do anything to the Cor-Ten steel to maintain it's finish. If you would like to smooth out the weathered surfaces, you can use a Scotch Brite pad to gently rub the steel. This will cause some of the rust barrier to break off and fall to the ground. Be sure to thoroughly clean the ground surface after this process. You can use water to clean the surfaces after this process.
Do not get water into any of the burner components. Water in the burner components can cause dangerous back pressure. If you think there is water in the burner components, call a licensed technician to check the burner before use.
Fire Pit with Gas Option
Fire pits should be inspected before initial use and inspected and cleaned at least annually by a qualified field service person. Periodically remove the logs, glass or lava rock and examine the burner. If dirty, clean with a soft brush. Also, examine the area around the Propane/Air Mixer. Any dirt or lint in this area should be removed. This will ensure long life and trouble free operation. When the fire pit is put back in service, check the burner flame patterns; it is imperative that the burner flame characteristics are steady, not lifting or floating. Periodically check the hose connecting the LP gas cylinder to ensure it is not damaged in any way. While the fire pit is not in use, it should be covered to protect it from weather and other adverse elements. Not protecting the fire pit could result in a void of the warranty.
Carbon (soot) may build up on the surfaces of the logs with heavy use. This is more likely to occur when using LP gas. The soot should be cleaned off the surface of the logs periodically to prevent excessive buildup. To clean the logs, be sure the fire is out, the gas supply is turned off and the logs are cool to the touch. The soot can then be brushed off with a dry bristle brush or cloth. Logs can be damaged if mishandled. Dispose of soot and cleaning materials properly. Keep away from clothing, pets and outdoor furniture.
- Width: 38"
- Depth: 38"
- Height: 23"
- Weight (lbs.): 227
Fire Bowl Dimensions: 28" sq. x 14" deep (Wood Burning)
Fire Bowl Dimensions: 28" sq. x 4" deep (Glass Media/Lava Rock)
Assembly: No assembly required
Additional Info: Orders ship complete unless otherwise requested. Ordering more than one item may affect shipping method.
If you have questions about our Return Policy, require expedited services or are interested in White Glove Delivery, please contact our design experts toll free at 866-350-8325 or via email with our Contact Form.
Bentintoshape LLC warrants to the original Customer that the Bentintoshape product(s) which the Customer received this warranty was designed, developed and/or fabricated using all due reasonable commercial care and good manufacturing practices. Bentintoshape's product(s) shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for 365 days from date of shipment. Bentintoshape's sole obligation under this warranty is to repair or replace the product, at Bentintoshape's option. Bentintoshape must be notified in writing of any claim under this warranty within 30-days of any claimed lack of conformity of the product(s). Read more about Warranty Exclusions in the Bentintoshape Warranty Sheet.