Bentintoshape 48" x 20" Rectangular Fire Pit
ITEM #: BENT-FP-CT-RECT
For a Free Design Consultation or to Order by Phone
Bentintoshape 48" x 20" Rectangular Fire Pit
Ships within 2 - 3 weeks
- Made in the USA of rugged 11 gauge Cor-Ten steel construction
- Weathers to a stable rust-like appearance once outdoors
- Available in a variety of wood burning , LP or NG gas versions
Experience the rustic appeal of the Bentintoshape 48" x 20" rectangular Cor-Ten steel fire pit. This weather-hardy fire pit is made from a Cor-Ten steel alloy that develops an antique patina when exposed to the elements and never needs painting. This is a versatile fire pit unit and is available in a wide range of options. The standard configuration is wood burning with an optional fire bowl lid which transforms the fire pit into a cocktail table when not in use.
You can also outfit this Bentintoshape Fire Pit with either Natural Gas or Liquid Propane and use ceramic or natural logs. This configuration provides 75,000 BTUs of heat with a 36" stainless steel "H" burner. If you prefer fire glass or lava rock, this all-weather fire pit can be fabricated with a media grate and fire ring that are positioned for use with 90 lbs. of fire glass or 45 lbs. of lava rock. You may also want to consider the hidden tank option which completely conceals the 20 lbs. liquid propane tank within the unit itself.
- Wood Burning - the media grate is positioned 5" from the bottom of the fire bowl. (14" deep)
- Natural Gas or Liquid Propane Gas burner kit - the media grate is positioned 5" from the bottom of the fire bowl and the 36" stainless steel "H" burner fire ring is positioned below the grate. You would purchase this configuration if you are using ceramic logs or if you wanted to start a natural wood fire with gas. (14" deep)
- Glass or Lava Rock burning with a gas kit - the media grate is positioned 4" from the top of the fire bowl and the 36" stainless steel "H" burner fire ring is positioned above the grate. In this configuration, you would fill the bowl with fire glass or lava rock to just above the fire ring. The gas defuses thru the media grate and is ignited at the surface. (4" deep) Fire glass and/or lava rocks sold separately.
- The Hidden Tank option comes complete with a glass/lava media grate and a propane gas kit for a 20 lb. propane tank. It features a 36" stainless steel "H" burner fire ring and the overall dimensions of the Hidden Tank Fire Pit are 48" long x 26.25" tall. On one tank, the fire pit will burner for approximately 8-14 hours. The overall dimensions of this Fire Pit are 48" long x 20" deep x 26" tall. Fire glass and/or lava rocks sold separately.
- Fire Bowl Cover constructed out of Cor-Ten Steel to convert your fire pit to a functional cocktail table when not in use.
You do not need to do anything to the Cor-Ten steel to maintain it's finish. If you would like to smooth out the weathered surfaces, you can use a Scotch Brite pad to gently rub the steel. This will cause some of the rust barrier to break off and fall to the ground. Be sure to thoroughly clean the ground surface after this process. You can use water to clean the surfaces after this process.
Do not get water into any of the burner components. Water in the burner components can cause dangerous back pressure. If you think there is water in the burner components, call a licensed technician to check the burner before use.
Fire Pit with Gas Option
Fire pits should be inspected before initial use and inspected and cleaned at least annually by a qualified field service person. Periodically remove the logs, glass or lava rock and examine the burner. If dirty, clean with a soft brush. Also, examine the area around the Propane/Air Mixer. Any dirt or lint in this area should be removed. This will ensure long life and trouble free operation. When the fire pit is put back in service, check the burner flame patterns; it is imperative that the burner flame characteristics are steady, not lifting or floating. Periodically check the hose connecting the LP gas cylinder to ensure it is not damaged in any way. While the fire pit is not in use, it should be covered to protect it from weather and other adverse elements. Not protecting the fire pit could result in a void of the warranty.
Carbon (soot) may build up on the surfaces of the logs with heavy use. This is more likely to occur when using LP gas. The soot should be cleaned off the surface of the logs periodically to prevent excessive buildup. To clean the logs, be sure the fire is out, the gas supply is turned off and the logs are cool to the touch. The soot can then be brushed off with a dry bristle brush or cloth. Logs can be damaged if mishandled. Dispose of soot and cleaning materials properly. Keep away from clothing, pets and outdoor furniture.
- Width: 48"
- Inside Width: 42"
- Depth: 20"
- Height: 20" / Hidden Tank - 26.75"
- Weight (lbs.): 212
Fire Bowl Dimensions: 42" x 14" x 14" deep (Wood Burning)
Fire Bowl Dimensions: 42" x 14" x 4" deep (Glass Media/Lava Rock)
Assembly: No assembly required
Additional Info: Orders ship complete unless otherwise requested. Ordering more than one item may affect shipping method.
If you have questions about our Return Policy, require expedited services or are interested in White Glove Delivery, please contact our design experts toll free at 866-350-8325 or via email with our Contact Form.
Fabric Swatch Request
Click to select the desired swatches. Once you have made your selection, click the green button below and proceed through check-out. You will not be charged. Five swatches per order. To request more, please call our showroom at 1-866-350-8325.