Lynx products are known for their attractive appearance. We achieve this by selecting only the finest grades of stainless steel and applying exacting workmanship. In order to maintain this attractive appearance over the life of the grill it is important to take the following steps:
- After each use wipe down the exterior of the grill to remove grease and splatters.
- Be sure to follow the cleaning instructions for keeping the grates and burners clean and ready for use.
- Use a commercially available Stainless Steel cleaner to clean and polish the exterior surfaces.
Doing these things on a regular basis minimizes the amount of effort required. Part of the appeal of your Lynx Grill is the fine grain finish. When removing stubborn stains:
- Do not use metallic abrasives and always rub in the direction of the grain.
- Some household cleaning products are not suitable for stainless steel; be sure to read the label before using on your Lynx Grill.
- Always use the mildest cleaning solution first, scrubbing in the direction of the grain. Specks of grease may gather in the grain of the stainless steel and bake on to the surface, giving the appearance of rust.
To remove these baked-on foods use a fine to medium grit non-metallic abrasive pad (Scotch Brite is good) in conjunction with a stainless steel cleaner. Solutions used for cleaning concrete and masonry can be very corrosive and will 'attack' stainless steel. Ensure your Lynx products are well protected before you allow the use of such chemicals near your grill.
SPECIAL NOTE FOR LOCATIONS NEAR POOLS AND COASTAL AREAS
The 304 stainless steel material used in the construction of a Lynx Grill is highly rust resistant, however, chlorine in the air from swimming pools or the salt from sea air may cause surface rust to appear and even create some pitting if left on the product.
Here are a few tips to avoid this:
- Regularly wipe down the exterior surfaces with a damp cloth. (Micro fiber cloths such as Ecloth perform very well).
- Allow the surfaces to dry before installing the cover. Do not cover a damp grill.
- In extreme environments apply a rust inhibitor which leaves a microscopic protective layer on the grill. Products that provide a layer of vapor corrosion inhibitors (VpCI) protect the surface very well.
- For seasonal storage use the product referred to above, ensure the grill is dry and then cover and secure the cover to minimize the amount of damp air getting to the surfaces.
THE LYNX LIMITED LIFE TIME WARRANTY PROVIDES PROTECTION AGAINST RUST THROUGH OF PARTS THAT RENDER THE PRODUCT INOPERATIVE. IT DOES NOT COVER OCCASIONAL SURFACE RUST OR STAINING DUE TO ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS.