Stainless Steel Care:
Stainless Steel is widely used for catering and residential kitchen equipment because of its strength, its ability to resist corrosion and its ease of cleaning. In fact, stainless steel ranks alongside glass and new china in terms of "ease of cleaning" and in percent age removal of bacteria during washing. As a result of these virtues, the metal is often taken for granted and it is assumed that no problems will arise during its usage. However, some care is required to ensure that the stainless steel can live up to this reputation.
Day to Day Care:
To maintain the original appearance of your ALFRESCO Artisan Grill, a regular cleaning routine should be carried out using the following guidelines:
1. After use, following the safety precautions detailed on page 4 and 5 in the Artisan - Care and Use Manual, wipe the grill with a soft damp soapy cloth and rinse with clean water, preferably warm/hot water. This should remove most substances encountered during the grilling process.
2. For more tenacious deposits, including oil, grease and water-borne deposits, use a multipurpose cream cleanser and apply with a soft damp cloth. Rinsing with fresh water, as described above, should follow as a last step.
3. For really stubborn dirt or burnt-on grease, a nylon-scouring pad may be used in conjunction with the cream cleanser. On no account should "wire wool" pads be used unless they are made of stainless steel.
4. Harsh abrasives and scouring materials should no t be used for cleaning stainless steel as they will leave scratch marks in the surface and damage the appearance of the grill. Likewise do not use wire brushes, scrapers or contaminated scouring pads.
5. Your ALFRESCO Artisan Grill has a directional polished grain, any cleaning with abrasives should be carried out along this grain direction and not across it.
6. After use, always remove wet cleaning aids (such as cloths, pads, containers) from the surface, to avoid formation of water marks or stains.
7. If required, dry the grill after use with a soft dry cloth or towel. If the preceding guidelines are adhered to, your ALFRESCO Artisan Grill should offer excellent life and should live up to its reputation of being "stainless". Neglect of this practice, however, can lead to deterioration of the surface and, in some extreme cases , corrosion of the steel itself. The two most common types of corrosion that may be encountered, particularly on stainless steel, are rust marks and pitting of the surface.