Although made to withstand the rigorous of an outdoor environment, your furniture will benefit from regular care and maintenance. Teak wood will naturally weather from golden brown to a silver grey color. Teak wood is a natural material and fine cracks in the end grain of components, e.g. legs and arms, may appear due to changes in temperature and humidity and the consequent change in moisture content of the wood. This is normal, especially in heavier components and it will not affect the serviceability of your furniture. Instructions For Use:
- Before using Teak Color Guard, eye protection and rubber gloves should be worn. Cover the ground your work area before starting.
- Grey Teak or Teak treated with teak oil must first be cleaned with Teak Cleaner.
- New teak: first weather for 2 weeks outside before treatment.
- If cleaned wood feels rough, sand lightly before treating with Color Guard. Make sure the teak is 100% dry and free of dust.
- Shake and stir Teak Color Guard for at least a minute before use. Insufficient shaking can lead to uneven weathering.
- We suggest you try the Teak Color Guard on a small area first (e.g. the back of a leg) to judge if the color meets your expectations.
- Apply a very thin layer of Teak Color Guard evenly over the furniture with a dust free cloth. Apply a second very thin coat after 30 minutes drying time.
- It is recommended that you treat your furniture with Teak Color Guard at least once a year.